Find us on Google+ Astronomy Box: Irish Astronomy Blues

27 January 2012

Irish Astronomy Blues

I feel the need to prove that I've at least tried to do some astronomy during our recent bout of bad weather. One night did provide fairly good seeing but photography was right out of the question as I was dodging the clouds for most of the evening.

I'm starting to believe what I heard another Irish amateur astronomer say, which was something like; "Irish astronomers are all masochists!".


However, after acquiring a fine Celestron solar filter for my scope, I now have twice the time in which I can be disappointed by the weather. I was really looking forward to getting one seeing that we have a solar maximum coming this year. Speaking of which I'm also hoping to see some Aurora this year. Something people further north have been lucky enough to enjoy already.


No comments:

Post a Comment